a string of nights just such i spend mostly reading, edifying self to that which I already subscribe? These many months I refine my understanding of this class war we unflinchingly call both civilization and humanity. What goodness these symbols imply!
On the mind: language. So delicate a thing (I treasure) but I see evermore how it frames narrative options leaving only room enough for intended interpretation/an attempt at reaction or at times projective insight should one be open to mirrors.
All leads me to think why we say what we do when we do? Is it all posturing? Self-defense? Is language merely a cloak, an attempt to cover nakedness? I think Lancan posited that speech is a search for love: speech is a request or demand for something missing, as lacking in some respect. all speech constitutes a demand for love. Whenever we speak, we are unconditionally asking to be heard, we are asking for our request to be recognized, we are asking to be responded to, we are asking to be loved.
What is gleaned by manner of employment or lack thereof by self, by other? It betrays experience yet it is fluid changeable, it is not one voice. There is verbal versus written self presentation, all exist on spectrums of circumstance, audience yet silence defines equally? Use of sound and symbol separates us extrinsically to that which is not us, our patterns syntax cadence leave unique imprints? Here I wish I understood music...

*I think on what that Buddha once told me, without language man could not organize, be as deadly...

No comments:

Post a Comment